- Co-ed independent day school for students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 established in 1913
- 5- and 7-Day Family Boarding options for students from outside Victoria
- Nature school offered in Junior Kindergarten, Kindergarten and Grade 1
- Member of ISABC (Independent Schools Association of BC), NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools), FISA BC (Federation of Independent Schools Associations BC), and CA+IS (Canadian Accredited Independent Schools)
- An International Baccalaureate World Continuum School
- A Member School of the Round Square
- Located in Victoria, BC, Canada
- Student Population: 710
- Average Class size: 18
- Student to Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- Diversity: 85% Domestic; 15% International
To challenge and support each of our students to do their best through truth and courage in learning and in life.
Glenlyon Norfolk School prepares outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, their commitment to service and their understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities.
Our Promise to Our Students
We will work to understand, challenge and support you to do your best and realize your potential as a whole person each day and throughout life.
Our ocean-front Junior School is home to our Marine Adventure programme, while our urban Middle and Senior School campus features an artificial turf field, a 340-seat theatre, a new fitness centre, and refurbished dining hall and music rooms. The Junior School is located on the Beach Drive Campus at 1701 Beach Drive. The Middle and Senior Schools are located on the Pemberton Woods Campus at 801 Bank Street.
Community and Service
Last year, Senior School students performed over 7,950 community and service hours. Our Grad Class of 2017 performed more than 2063 hours this year alone! On average, 4 out of 5 students exceed their community and service requirements.
Post Secondary Scholarship Offers
As of July 2017, our Grad Class of 70 students had received 179 offers of acceptance to some of the top post-secondary institutions in the world. The class as a whole was offered over $902,625 in scholarships dollars.
Partial List of Universities GNS 2017 Grads are Attending
Canadian: U of Alberta, U of Calgary, U of Victoria, Carleton, Dalhousie, Ryerson, U of Waterloo, U of Western Ontario, Concordia, Queen's, U of Toronto, McGill
USA: Stanford University, Loyola Marymount
International: London School of Economics