Ways to Support GNS
Thank you for making Glenlyon Norfolk School a philanthropic priority.
To serve you better, we offer several ways to make a donation to the school:
- Mail or Phone
- Monthly or Quarterly Giving
- In Person
- Name a Seat in The Hall
- Gift of Mutual Funds or Securities
- Wire Transfer
- Gifts from the US
If you would like to mail your gift, please send it directly to the School, care of:
801 Bank Street
Cheques should made payable to the Glenlyon Norfolk School Foundation.
If you would like to use your credit card to make your donation, please call our office at 250-370-6801.
Monthly giving is a great way of maximizing the impact of your gift, while at the same time, minimizing your gift’s impact on your pocketbook. Spreading your donation out over equal monthly or quarterly instalments is a great way of making a real impact AND keeping it manageable.
You might choose to make monthly donations to the school for a prescribed period of time, or until you reach a specific amount, or, you might like to leave your gift open ended. We’ll send you one receipt at the end of the year.
If you’d like to sign up for monthly or quarterly giving or if you have any questions, please call 250-370-6801.
Commemorate a lasting bond forged with GNS by naming a chair in The Hall. This is a unique opportunity with a limited number of seats available. Each Chair can be named for $1500.
The Hall, a multi-purpose facility, is the heart of the school and a warm, welcoming space for every student. The new theatre is a meeting place, an inspiring lecture hall, and a first-class performance space.
Name a seat in The Hall.
The 2006 Federal Budget made donating securities a very attractive option for many donors because it eliminated capital gains on any publicly listed securities, mutual funds, and segregated funds of life insurance companies that are donated to registered charity. Simply put, the larger the accrued capital gains on the security prior to the donation, the greater the tax benefit to the donor.
Things to consider when making a Gift of Securities:
- Highly appreciated securities provide the means to make a low-cost significant gift.
- Before you donate securities to GNS, make sure you contact our Advancement Office. We will provide you with the information you and your broker need to make giving securities easy and will discuss with you how you would like the eventual proceeds from your gift of securities put to use.
- The school will issue you a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the gift for you to use in your personal tax return. The fair market value will be the closing price of the securities on the date the securities are delivered or transferred to Glenlyon Norfolk School.
Making a gift of securities is easy. Simply have your broker fill out the GIFT OF MUTUAL FUNDS OR SECURITIES TO THE GLENLYON NORFOLK SCHOOL FOUNDATION form.
If you would like more information about Giving to GNS, please contact the Advancement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.370.6801. We would be delighted to meet with you to discuss your giving interests.