At the Junior School, we have chosen to hold off on offering a lunch program until the teachers, staff and students have settled into the new routines. Students will eat their home-packed lunches in their classrooms and will keep all possessions, including food, under their seats. Cubbies will not be used in Grades 1 to 5.
An optional, modified lunch program will be available to Middle and Senior School students which has been designed to ensure we are following all health guidelines, policies and procedures put in place by our province to keep our community healthy and safe. Students are welcomed to bring their own home-packed lunches or to make use of the lunch program. Students will not be allowed to arrange food delivery to the school. Details below:
- Rather than lunches coming from many different restaurants and suppliers, Truffles Catering will be the sole provider
- Lunches will come in individually pre-packed containers to minimize risk
- Lunches will be available by pre-order only
- To allow for adjustment to all new routines and protocols there will be fewer daily options
- All surfaces will be sanitized and sanitizer and wipes will be available
- Parent volunteers will be trained in new health and safety protocols including wearing PPE and following our COVID-19 Safety Plan posted in the kitchen.
- Students will wear masks until seated
In the Middle School the three cohorts will eat in defined areas. One will eat in the Dining Hall while the other two will eat in their classrooms. Any pre-ordered lunches will be retrieved by student helpers from a designated area. In the Senior School, two cohorts will come through the cafeteria at staggered times. The other cohort will pick up any pre-ordered lunches through the Denford Hall foyer.
These additional protocols will also be enforced:
- Non-essential high touch appliances and items have been removed from the Dining Hall
- Hot Water Urn
- Sanitizer will be available at all entrances and exits
- CUTLERY will not be supplied with our lunches. Please pack cutlery for your child if needed.
- Microwaves will be available in the DIning Hall, but only for those on rotation to be eating in the Dining Hall. Please plan lunches according to your students schedule.