Glenlyon Norfolk School proudly offers a hot lunch program to our students Monday to Friday for Grades 6 to 12 at our Pemberton Woods Campus. At our Junior School we offer our hot lunch program four days a week excluding Wednesdays. Our meals are served by a volunteer group of parents who generously donate their time in support of our students.
A modified lunch program has been designed to ensure we are following all health guidelines, policies and procedures put in place by our province to keep our community healthy and safe:
- We have reviewed the Covid Safety Plan of each of our suppliers to ensure they are following all necessary health and safety guidelines
- Lunches will come in individually pre-packed containers to minimize risk
- Lunches will be available by pre-order only
- To allow for adjustment to all new routines and protocols there will be fewer daily options
- Sanitizer will be available at all entrances and exits
- All surfaces will be sanitized and sanitizer and wipes will be available
- Parent volunteers will be trained in new health and safety protocols including wearing PPE and following our COVID-19 Safety Plan posted in the kitchen.
- Students will wear masks until seated (Pemberton Woods Campus)
At our Junior School, student helpers will pick up hot lunch from our Parent Volunteers and eat in their classrooms. In the Middle School the three cohorts will eat in defined areas. One will eat in the Dining Hall while the other two will eat in their classrooms. Lunches will be retrieved by student helpers from a designated area. In the Senior School, two cohorts will come through the cafeteria at staggered times. The other cohort will pick up any pre-ordered lunches through the Denford Hall foyer.
Things you need to know when using our program:
- CUTLERY will not be supplied with our lunches. Please pack cutlery for your child if needed.
- There is a one week processing time for orders.
Pemberton Woods Campus only:
- Microwaves will be available in the DIning Hall, but only for those on rotation to be eating in the Dining Hall. Please plan lunches according to your students schedule.
- We encourage students when eating in other areas of the school such as outside to pack out their recycling due to limited access to our recycling bins.
- Non-essential high touch appliances and items have been removed from the Dining Hall:
- Hot Water Urn