Private vehicle use and active transportation (e.g. biking, walking, etc.) by students and staff is encouraged where possible in order to decrease transportation density on buses.
To limit the number of people on campus at this time, GNS is requesting parents drop off their children with a quick goodbye and then depart campus unless they have a scheduled appointment on-site.
The Late Bus route will be suspended until further notice.
For individuals travelling to and from school by bus, additional precautions and safety measures have been put in place:
- All students riding the bus MUST be registered by parents using the Bus Registration Form.
- All buses used for transporting students will be cleaned and disinfected according to guidance provided in the BCCDC’s Cleaning and Disinfectants for Public Settings document and from Transport Canada. This includes wiping down touch surfaces throughout the day and Clorox 360 spraying at the end of each day.
- We will use consistent seating arrangements and will have daily passenger lists available should contact tracing be necessary.
- The bus driver will supervise loading and unloading. Students will be loaded one at a time from the back to the front and unloaded front to back. Students will sit one to a seat against the window. Students may share a seat if necessary.
- Bus drivers will wear non-medical face masks and plastic face shields/visors. They will wash their hands often, including before and after each trip and have access to hand sanitizer/wipes.
- Students are asked to clean their hands before they leave home to take the bus, when they leave school prior to taking the bus, and when they get home. Hand sanitizing stations will also be installed on the buses in the entrance area.
- All bus passengers, staff and students will wear non-medical face masks on board the bus.
- Eating will not be allowed on the bus.