6 Reasons to Host a Delegate for the Round Square Conference
The coming school year is especially exciting for GNS and the Round Square as we will host a Round Square Conference for 12 to 14-year-olds from April 30 to May 4. The motto for the conference, "Nature is our home, and where adventure begins," is a fabulous way to share our commitment to our environment and the world around us as we engage in a conference with students and teachers from Round Square schools across the globe. You can find out more about the conference at https://www.mygns.ca/yrsrc2020.
To help to make this a spectacular experience for our visiting delegates, we are looking for GNS families who are happy to be hosts for—hopefully—two (or more) Middle School-aged Round Square student delegates from Thursday, April 30 to the morning of Monday, May 4. The main responsibilities of our volunteer host families will be to provide transportation for student delegates to and from the school, as well as breakfast and evening meals for 4.5 days and a safe and warm place for our student delegates to sleep. Here are six reasons we think you should consider hosting:
- It's a wonderful way for your family to learn about a new culture, place or even a language.
- It will allow you and your family to share some amazing stories and locations about the beautiful place where we live.
- It can open up networks and new perspectives for your family (and for you).
- It's a great chance for your family members to make new friendships, with students who share some common goals and viewpoints, through the Round Square.
- It can help your family learn how issues that affect all of our futures are managed in different parts of the world, and share some real-life learning as a result.
- It will be heaps of fun!
If you think that you would like to be involved in the excitement of the Round Square Conference in any way, or would like the amazing opportunity to host students, please contact the Middle School Round Square Coordinator, Ms. Kim Waugh at email@example.com.
Please note that the request to be a conference host is not just limited to families with Middle School students—it is a request across our entire community. We so look forward to hearing from you!