Thank you to all the families that chose to enjoy Summer FUN at GNS Camps this summer! Here are our top 5 Summer FUN times:
- Chipmunks Camps: Our youngest participants enjoyed beating the summer heat at Carnarvon water park, getting in touch with nature at the Beacon Hill petting zoo, and exploring sea life at the Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea!
- Witches & Wizards Camps: Professor Howey turned muggles into wizards during her magical camp with Hogwarts acceptance letters delivered by balloon owls, quidditch tournaments and Harry Potter escape rooms.
- Marine Adventure Program: Doug Tyrrell and his guides worked with many GNS and non-GNS students this summer covering all the basics of sea kayaking for the younger paddler while exploring many of Victoria’s best paddling areas.
- Field Hockey Camp: Bunny Hughes, our Math and PHE teacher, led our busiest camp this summer! Bunny worked with 28 players from GNS and non-GNS families and combined her experience as a coach and a former varsity athlete from the University of Alberta Pandas with her background leading summer camps to put on a week of non-stop fun and field hockey skills development.
- Summer Sports Camps: Sonny Pawar, our Technical Director of Soccer, who earned his Canadian Soccer Association 'A' License certification last spring ran two camps filled with skills, drills and games to ensure each player came away with more knowledge and love of the game. And our Girls Beach Volleyball camp spent an afternoon playing at the new Royal Bay beach volleyball courts.
Thank you to all our leaders, coaches and teachers for putting on these incredible camps! We cannot wait for next year as we continue to build our program. Watch for our emails and announcements on future activities, including programs for the November and Winter breaks.
To enhance all aspects of the Out of School Program, we are soliciting advice from colleagues and parents to help ensure that the programs offered are engaging, interesting and of the highest quality. If you have any suggestions about the current program or ideas for camps the school might consider implementing, please complete the survey through the link below.
All survey submissions will be entered into a draw to win one free camp between November 6, 2018, and August 31, 2019. One entry per child. The survey closing date is 5 p.m on Friday, September 21, 2018. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
By completing this survey, each entrant consents to the collection and use of their email address for the purpose of randomly selecting a winner. GNS will only use this information for the purpose of contacting the contest winner on Monday, September 24, 2018.
by Emily Harris, Manager, Out of School Programs