Meet the Team: Conlan Flynn, Music Teacher
Mr. Conlan Flynn joined the Beach Drive campus in September as Music Teacher. Learn a little more about him with this Q&A and why he chose to become a Music Teacher.
1. What made you want to be part of the GNS community?
One of the reasons I wanted to join GNS was its welcoming community. I learned about GNS a few years ago from a friend who recommended the school as a great place to work and learn with an amazing group of people.
2.How did you choose teaching as a career?
I have always been playing music throughout my life and teaching was a natural part of being a musician. It also has given me the opportunity to explore different parts of the world and experience new cultures.
3. Why did you want to become a Music Teacher?
I wanted to become a music teacher so I can share my passion for music and create opportunities for people to find how music can be a part of their life.
4. What is your favourite genre of music and why?
My favourite genre of music is Big Band music or anything with horns. I am also very fond of jazz singers like Nat King Cole, Chet Baker, and Sarah Vaughan.
5. What are some of your interests?
Rock climbing, cycling and skiing.
6. What is something that most people don’t know about you?
I really enjoy any kind of seafood!
7. What do you like about living and working in Victoria?
I really love being close to the ocean and spending my free time exploring the coastline.
8. What are you looking forward to this year?
I am looking forward to exploring more of Vancouver Island.