Pemberton Woods Master Plan
Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is initiating a Master Planning process to guide the future of our Campus on Richmond Road (known as Pemberton Woods) for many generations to come. As we enter into this planning process, we thought it would be helpful for our neighbours to know a bit more about us and our plans.
GNS is currently working with a consultant to complete a traffic study of the streets around the Pemberton Woods campus that will assist in our Master Planning efforts. At the same time, work continues on the long-term plan for our existing buildings and for concepts related to potential new additions.
We are tentatively planning our next information evening for the first or second week of June so we can share further details of these efforts. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
Why is GNS Initiating a Master Planning Process?
- To allow GNS to be environmentally, socially, and financially sustainable for the next 100 years
- To provide more certainty for the School and the neighbourhood about what the future of the Campus looks like
- To establish criteria that will govern future improvements to the Campus
- To formalize a plan to improve green space around the Campus for recreation, and to provide buffers and privacy for neighbours
- To improve traffic conditions on neighbouring streets
- To improve building aesthetics and sustainability, and provide flexible spaces that can adapt to future teaching needs
- To consider some potential on-campus housing for young staff, and out of town students
- To ensure our student population remains at its current capacity
Outcomes of the Planning Process
The development of a Master Plan, which includes neighbourhood engagement, will be taking place over the next several months.
The resulting Plan will provide the basis for a zoning application to the City of Victoria that will support exceptional educational programs over the longer term, and provide the neighbourhood with certainty about GNS’ future within it.
Please join us at our next Community Open House in June (date TBA).
To challenge and support each of our students to do their best through truth and courage in learning and in life.
Glenlyon Norfolk School prepares outstanding citizens of character who will contribute to the world through their leadership, their commitment to service and their understanding that we are all responsible for the future of our communities.
Our Promise to Our Students
We will work to understand, challenge and support you to do your best and realize your potential as a whole person each day and throughout life.