Glenlyon Norfolk School enrols 700 students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 on two separate campuses. A member of the International Baccalaureate Organization, the Round Square, the Independent Schools Association of BC and Canadian Accredited Independent Schools, GNS provides outstanding opportunities for young people.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Regular, Full-Time Position
Start: as soon as possible
The Director of Admissions develops and implements “best practice”- based domestic and international recruitment strategies and initiatives to increase student inquiries and applications. Overseeing a results-oriented Admissions Office, this individual identifies and cultivates new and emerging markets and creates market-specific presentations that increase the profile of Glenlyon Norfolk School worldwide.
The successful candidate must be results driven, a self-starter and highly motivated with a leadership style that fosters collaborative and productive relationships with a diverse group of people. Outstanding communication skills and a strong admissions background is preferred, however an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. A significant travel component to attend recruitment fairs, parent receptions, and other recruitment events both domestically and internationally, is required.
Please download the complete description of this exciting role:
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the chance to be part of an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments, along with a resume and references. Please submit to Kim Holmes, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will commence immediately however, this opportunity will remain open until filled.
Start: July 2017
The Manager of the Annual Appeal is responsible for the implementation, delivery and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of donor services and donor relations. This role fosters the growth of best practices in communication and solicitation strategies to develop and sustain a long-term philanthropic giving program for the school.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future for our students, and a role that will allow your fundraising skills to shine. The successful candidate must be a passionate ambassador and exemplify a caring, can-do attitude in support of GNS’s mission and values.
Preferred Qualifications: Three-years experience in fundraising, donor solicitation and/or sales; experience with event planning and volunteer management, an asset. You will have an exceptional interpersonal style and a strong aptitude for nurturing positive community relationships.
At GNS, we have a big heart and a strong work ethic—like-minded individuals are encouraged to apply. We offer a comprehensive total compensation package and look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume by 12:00 p.m. Friday, May 19. This position will remain open until filled. Please forward to Kim Holmes, HR Manager at email@example.com.
Monday-Friday 3:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
The Custodian is responsible for performing cleaning and sanitation duties in all common areas, rooms and buildings on the school’s campus. The Custodian adheres to high standards of cleanliness and contributes to the upkeep and preservation of a pristine school environment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate high energy, initiative and drive to enhance custodial operations. You will have a cheerful, positive disposition and outstanding communication skills to contribute to a respectful and team focused environment.
- High School diploma supplemented by courses related to janitorial, floor cleaning/care and safe use of cleaning products
- Minimum two years janitorial experience preferably in a school environment or commercial setting
- Experience with floor care and maintenance, an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with students, teachers, parents and staff
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to high work standards
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete tasks in a timely fashion while balancing a heavy workload
- Must be a strong team player
- Ability to perform physical work and lift/carry heavy objects
- High degree of professionalism
- Flexibility and willingness to assist others and pitch in where needed
GNS provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please forward your resume and cover letter to Kim Holmes, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
Regular, Part-time 0.6FTE
If you’re a creative and inspirational educator looking for an opportunity to support our students on their journey to becoming well-rounded adults, we are currently seeking applicants for a part-time teaching position commencing September 1, 2017. The role will teach Grade 6 Beginning Band and support both Middle and Senior School Concert Bands. This is a great opportunity for a collaborative educator to be part of a strong music program.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- plan and deliver the core program requirements for their respective grade
- collaboratively plan and deliver International Baccalaureate (IB) Units that incorporate the BC curriculum
- monitor and support student’s academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
- nurture each child to help them discover their own talents, sense of purpose, and inner strength
- make an active contribution to our extensive co-curricular programs, and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community
- Bachelor of Music or combination of education and experience teaching instrumental music
- A valid BC teaching certificate (or eligibility to obtain)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) training and IB experience, an asset
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents and colleagues
- A strong sense of pastoral care and a passion for educating the whole student
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
- Experience teaching at an independent school environment, an asset
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the chance to be a part of an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments. Please submit to Kim Holmes, HR Manager at email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.