Glenlyon Norfolk School is proud to once again introduce the GNS Community Scholarships, which will provide $10,000 entrance scholarships for new Senior School students starting school with us in the fall of 2018. These scholarships are renewable annually, provided that each recipient meet or exceed our expectations in terms of contributions to the GNS community.
GNS is an OUTSTANDING community-based school with incredibly dedicated staff, wonderful cross-grade interaction and support, strong academics, great athletics, excellent volunteer opportunities and a first class outdoor education program.
– Lindiann Hopkins,
past parent of two GNS Alumni
How do I apply?
Get creative! We want to receive your best proposal for why you’d make a great Community Scholar, in a format of your choosing. Make a 60-90 second video, write an essay, create a work of art or come up with another unique way to present yourself and show off your unique personality. Make sure that your submission answers:
- Who you are, what grade you’re in and where you currently attend school;
- What you enjoy most about school; and
- How you’ll contribute to the GNS community.
Looking for inspiration? Here is the video submission from one of last year's Community Scholarship recipients.
Application for a Community Scholarship also requires the applicant to submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- an application for admission indicating interest in the scholarship program (to access our online application, please submit an inquiry form and specify that you would like to access our application form);
- copies of two report cards (the most recent year-end and most recent);
- two letters of reference (one academic-based and one activity-based).
The first deadline for applications to our Community Scholarship program is March 15, 2018. To apply or learn more about this exciting initiative, please contact the GNS Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the inquiry form. Good luck!